Asked by Carmen Spencer on September 17, 2021
Categories: Healthy living Womens health
Rating: 4.6/5 (40 votes)
Bleeding in late pregnancy (after about 20 weeks) may be due to the following: Placenta previa (placenta is near or covers the cervical opening) Placental abruption (placenta detaches prematurely from the uterus)
Is placenta previa highrisk? The risk of having placenta previa increases with increasing maternal age and with the number of previous deliveries. Women who have had placenta previa in one pregnancy also have a greater risk for having placenta previa in subsequentpregnancies.
What can affect the placenta? Substance misuse. Certain placental problems are more common in women who smoke or use illegal drugs, such as cocaine, during pregnancy. Abdominal trauma. Trauma to your abdomen — such as from a fall or other type of blow — increases the risk of the placenta prematurely separating from the uterus (placentaabruption).
Can a baby survive placental abruption? Again, it's extremely important for doctors to assess and treat placental abruption as soon as possible. According to theAmerican Pregnancy Association (APA), if severe abruption occurs, 15% ends in fetal death. Infants who survive have a 40-50% chance of developing long-term health complications.
- 59Can steroids cause diverticulitis?
- 47What can cause eclampsia?
- 47Can you can cucumbers?
- 45What can cause pancreatitis?
- 44What do you cut conduit with?
- 43What can cause an oven to explode?
- 31What fish can be canned?
- 29Can the pill cause anxiety?
- 28What can cause difficulty breathing?
- 28Can eggnog cause salmonella?
- 25Can low lying placenta cause placental abruption?
- 23Can vitamins cause heartburn?
- 17What can positional asphyxia be caused by?
- 16How can I improve my placenta previa?
- 16What can cause hyperglycemia?
- 60Are Irish Wolfhounds good pets?
- 58How do teams use assignments?
- 56What is the nature of attitudes?
- 49What kind of dog is in cats and dogs?
- 48What is a periodic evaluation?
- 48Is JCPenney closing more stores?
- 41¿Qué es la Formación Cívica y Ética y para que nos sirve?
- 40What do ground cherry seedlings look like?
- 35How long does a urostomy operation take?
- 32How much do tickets cost at EPIC Theaters?
- 31How quickly does fertilizer work?
- 28How to reset a digital scale?
- 25How many times a day should you pee if you drink a lot of water?
- 19Where did the Pilgrims come from originally?
- 16What are the duties of a maitre d?