Asked by Mary Chang on September 15, 2021
Categories: Careers Apprenticeships
Rating: 4.6/5 (53 votes)
The median annual wage for structural iron and steel workers is $53,970. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $32,240, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $93,760. The starting pay for apprentices is usually about 50 percent of what journeymen ironworkersmake.
Is ironworker a dangerous job? It's a highly dangerous career path, so an ironworker has to be specifically trained and understand how to limit their risks when they are performing their job. The most common types of injuries that befall ironworkers are typically related to the type of ironwork that theydo.
How do I get into the Ironworkers Union? Most ironworkers learn their trade through a three-or-four-year apprenticeship. A high school diploma is generally required to begin such anapprenticeship. High school courses in math, shop, blueprint reading, and welding are useful. Nearly all apprenticeship programs teach both reinforcing and structural ironworking.
What is the life expectancy of an ironworker? about 84
- 60Do taxi drivers make good money?
- 51Do franchise owners make good money?
- 49What makes a good spy?
- 48Do loan officers make good money?
- 46Do coders make good money?
- 46How do you make good firewood?
- 45What makes a good CER?
- 44Is bird making money?
- 41How to make a money bouquet?
- 37Can you make good money as a notary?
- 30Who said good fences make good neighbors?
- 28Do ATF agents make good money?
- 24Do software developers make good money?
- 23How do you make a good scrapbook?
- 18What is the income threshold for tax credits?
- 57How to trim a snapchat video?
- 54What is the fastest growing vine?
- 52What is perpendicular for kids?
- 49How does urban sprawl affect public health?
- 48Is it OK to kill chipmunks?
- 42How much does the US government spend per year?
- 42Should I use real or fake flowers for my wedding?
- 42Can I buy an inspection sticker online?
- 37Is frozen corn cooked or raw?
- 37Can you use vinegar on plexiglass?
- 27How is information retrieved from long term memory?
- 25Why do tools smell like poop?
- 21What nationality is Goldie Hawn?
- 21What is the meaning behind the name Holly?
- 16What was Hassan's dream in Chapter 7?