Asked by Marion Leverett on September 14, 2021
Categories: Medical health Lung and respiratory health
Rating: 4.5/5 (32 votes)
A respirometer is a device used to measure the rate of respiration of a living organism by measuring its rate of exchange of oxygen and/or carbon dioxide. They allow investigation into how factors such as age, or chemicals affect the rate of respiration. The oxygen uptake is detected bymanometry.
Does the amount of sugar affect yeast fermentation? Sugar affects the rate of fermentation reactions. A little sugar, up to three percent, speeds up fermentation. The yeast processes the added sugar first, saving the time it would take tobreak down starch into sugar. With over three percent sugar, however, the fermentation rate no longer increases.
What are the optimal conditions for yeast fermentation? Yeasts are active in a very broad temperature range - from 0 to 50° C, with an optimum temperature range of 20° to 30° C. The optimum pH for most micro-organisms is near the neutral point (pH 7.0). Moulds and yeasts are usually acid tolerant and are therefore associated with the spoilage of acidic foods.
Does adding more yeast speed up fermentation? Re: Speeding up fermentationTo a point yes. Adding more yeast should ferment faster. The risk is not so much off flavors but a lack of fermentation flavors - esters, etc. You might be able to_pick a yeast that finished faster.
- 56Can you pressure can bacon?
- 56Can I pressure can instead of water bath?
- 55What can you measure with?
- 40What is the measure of a gallon?
- 37What is a green snake called?
- 32What can you do with regex?
- 31How to measure a saddle?
- 30What is measured in yocto?
- 29How do we measure motion?
- 27How to measure a trampoline?
- 22How to measure wheelbase?
- 22What can you do with buckets?
- 22How is thickness measured?
- 22How to measure frequency?
- 15How to measure thighs?
- 59Does the VA help with home repairs?
- 58What you need to know about node js?
- 54How would you describe a beach?
- 49What are decomposers What do they do in the forest?
- 48Can you eat sausage casing?
- 44How do I get rid of milia on my face?
- 41How do you turn on a Buck Stove?
- 40How much does it cost to fix a bent pushrod?
- 38Do Papasan chairs come apart?
- 34What does Columbia University specialize in?
- 30What candle wax has the best scent throw?
- 27Does Whole Foods sell beef?
- 20What is the role of a CAD technician?
- 18What are the Cpted principles?
- 16What are the duties of a maitre d?