Asked by Claire Aylsworth on September 13, 2021
Categories: Science Physics
Rating: 4.7/5 (31 votes)
Radiation quality or-kVp: it has a great effect on subject contrast. A lower kVp will make the x-ray beam less penetrating. A higher kVp will make the x-ray beam more penetrating. This will result in less difference in attenuation between the different parts of the subject, leading to lower contrast.
What is the difference between kVp and mAs? In short, mAs is the amount of electrons fired from the cathod to the anode in the xray tube and, respectively, the amount of xrays that will be 'fired' toward the patient. kVp , orkilovoltage peak, is the difference in voltage between the cathode and the anode in the xray tube.
What is the contrast of an image? Contrast is the difference in luminance or colour that makes an object (or its representation in an image ordisplay) distinguishable. In visual perception of the real world, contrast is determined by the difference in the color and brightness of the object and other objects within the same field of view.
What affects contrast resolution? Contrast resolution is the ability to distinguish between differences in intensity in an image. It is a difficult quantity to define, because it depends on the human observer as much as the quality of the actual image. For example, the size of a feature affects how easily it is detected by the observer.
Does mAs affect spatial resolution? How does mAs affect spatial resolution/recorded detail? It doesn't (Pg 299).
- 60Does b12 affect eyesight?
- 58Does aspirin affect the pancreas?
- 56How does NFP affect GFR?
- 48What affects CMI?
- 42How does hemolysis affect potassium?
- 42What soda affects your teeth the most?
- 40Does glaucoma affect the retina?
- 39What affects contrast in radiography?
- 39Who is affected by world hunger?
- 34What are the diseases that affect the kidney?
- 34How did the Crusades end?
- 32How does licorice affect the body?
- 28Who is affected by acromegaly?
- 23Who are affected by water pollution?
- 16Who is affected by mumps?
- 59What does the rank size rule explain?
- 58Is Coke Light and Diet Coke the same?
- 49How to stop being toxic?
- 43What does a Chaa do?
- 36What is the hybridization of sf4 molecule?
- 30Can red meat cause stomach issues?
- 29What is the climax in Fever 1793?
- 25How can I make my hair wavy overnight?
- 25How long is the average power outage?
- 24What does the Day of the Dead celebrate?
- 23How do you clean pavers with vinegar?
- 17Who are the scientist study about atoms?
- 16Can you be allergic to feather pillows?
- 15What happened at the Alamo and why is it important?
- 15How do you preserve fresh plums?