AnswerPls

Is bathroom mold dangerous?

Asked by Gregory Caneles on September 16, 2021

Categories: Home and garden Indoor environmental quality


Rating: 4.2/5 (69 votes)

Black mold is gross. And depending on which variety it is, it could be dangerous. This highly toxic mold should only be removed by a professional. But, more than likely, an accumulation of grossness along your bathtub orshower tile indicates the presence of a more generic bathroom mold.

How do you know if mold is making you sick? Symptoms of mold exposure may include headache, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes and fatigue. In those with asthma, asthma attacks can occur. In those with impaired immune systems, serious infection can_occur.

Is the black stuff in my shower mold? Black mold is not only common in nearly every shower but is also expected for those who do not maintain their showers with enough care. This mold is prevalent in the shower because of the dampness that exists in the shower, and this extra moisture means that bacteria has a chance to thrive there.

Can mold in your bathroom make you sick? In some cases, mold in your home can make you sick, especially if you have allergies or asthma. Whether or_not you're allergic to molds, mold exposure can irritate your eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs. Here's what you can do to combat mold problems, and take care of yourself and your home.