Asked by Liz Reynolds on September 15, 2021
Categories: Hobbies and interests Woodworking
Rating: 4.1/5 (69 votes)
3 Answers. If not damaged, factory edges of plywood sheets are straight and square enough formost practical purposes. In fact it's common to use one of the factory edges as a straight reference when building a jig or tool guide.
Can you sand the edges of plywood? A quick once over with a 220 grit sanding sponge will smooth out the large surfaces. Some plywood will produce smooth edges when cut. If that is the case, the edges can simply be lightly sanded along with the top and bottom surfaces to knock down the raised-grain.
How do I make my table saw straight edge? How to Straighten a Board Edge Without a Jointer
- Put the-factory-edge piece on top of your workpiece so that the factory edge and the edge you want to straighten are on opposite sides.
- Set the fence on your table saw to trim off just enough wood off the workpiece to get a new edge, then place your factory-edge piece against the fence and run it through the saw.
Can I use a Roundover bit on plywood? If you used a 1/2" radius piloted roundover bit, the pilot bearing will be able to ride along the bottom edge (the bottom 1/4") of the 3/4" plywood. IMO, that's probably the bit you should use. A 1/2" roundover is nice. When using a plunge router to do edge routing, you don't use the "plunge feature" of the router.
- 59What happens if deck is out of square?
- 58Is plywood more expensive than MDF?
- 51Is 20 a square number?
- 47Is kohlrabi easy to grow?
- 45What is the hole in a framing square for?
- 42How do you attach carpet squares?
- 41Is a square a rhombus?
- 40What is Home Square?
- 40How do you level a floor with plywood?
- 36What is a carpenter's square used for?
- 36What is a unit square in math?
- 35What is the highest quality plywood?
- 34What does BC stand for in plywood?
- 20What is steel square for?
- 16Is there a waterproof plywood?
- 60How much is the Costco discount on cars?
- 60What is the best and cheapest vacuum cleaner?
- 59How do you put a zipper slider back on track?
- 58How do I make him feel respected?
- 57Why is it the 21st century in 2000?
- 41Does Mattress Firm have good mattresses?
- 41What does glam rock sound like?
- 38Is pop art real art?
- 37Can you use a shop vac for soot?
- 36What did the exodusters do?
- 35What are grades called in France?
- 29Which side up does laminate underlay go?
- 26Which oil is best for high heat cooking?
- 24Is Ikea dog friendly UK?
- 24How to craft a bucket in minecraft?