Asked by Theresa Seider on September 13, 2021
Categories: Medical health Brain and nervous system disorders
Rating: 4.3/5 (43 votes)
Chapter 75. The autonomic nervous system consists of a somatic afferent pathway, a central nervous system integrating complex (brain and spinal cord), and two efferent limbs, the sympathetic and the-parasympathetic nervous systems.
What are visceral receptors? Visceral receptors are generally free nerve endings (although Pacinian corpuscles are present-in viscera). Only about 10 percent of total afferent input to the CNS is visceral (GVA); compared to somatic (GSA) sense, visceral sensation is meager.
What is visceral nerve? visceral nerve. A peripheral nerve that contains axons of the autonomic nervous system, either transmitting afferent signals from mucous membranes, glands, and vessels (visceral sensory nerves) or transmitting efferent signals to smooth musclesand glands (visceral motor nerves).
What is visceral pain? Visceral pain is pain that results from the activation of nociceptors of thethoracic, pelvic, or abdominal viscera (organs). Visceral structures are highly sensitive to distension (stretch), ischemia and inflammation, but relatively insensitive to other stimuli that normally evoke pain such as cutting or burning.
- 58Is Nbcot certification required?
- 52Can you eat a bloomed artichoke?
- 48What are afferent and efferent lymphatic vessels?
- 47How do you stitch a raincoat tear?
- 42What do yellow and red dots on tires mean?
- 28How to start a skincare line?
- 26How do I find DUI checkpoints?
- 24Do I need to feed my amaryllis?
- 24Is Ikea dog friendly UK?
- 21How much was the German mark worth in 1923?
- 19How far apart to plant potatoes?
- 19How old was Tony Randall's wife?
- 18What was the movie A Beautiful Mind about?
- 17How often should you clean hardwood floors with Bona?
- 15What is meant by common carrier?
- 60Did Hugo win any Oscars?
- 55Where is stream cipher?
- 53What language do they speak in Veracruz?
- 45Is MBL cancerous?
- 45How to take phentermine 37.5 for best results?
- 42Where is Ryan from Ryan's world from?
- 42What's included in deep cleaning a house?
- 41How to get rid of a hickey with a coin?
- 38Can any concrete floor be polished?
- 34How does igneous rock change into sedimentary?
- 32Can I throw a fan in the garbage?
- 28Where did Michael Jordan live when he was a kid?
- 20How to clean strawberries with salt?
- 16What is free body diagram with example?
- 15Why does my chainsaw chain dull so quickly?