Asked by Theresa Seider on September 13, 2021
Categories: Medical health Brain and nervous system disorders
Rating: 4.3/5 (43 votes)
Chapter 75. The autonomic nervous system consists of a somatic afferent pathway, a central nervous system integrating complex (brain and spinal cord), and two efferent limbs, the sympathetic and the-parasympathetic nervous systems.
What are visceral receptors? Visceral receptors are generally free nerve endings (although Pacinian corpuscles are present-in viscera). Only about 10 percent of total afferent input to the CNS is visceral (GVA); compared to somatic (GSA) sense, visceral sensation is meager.
What is visceral nerve? visceral nerve. A peripheral nerve that contains axons of the autonomic nervous system, either transmitting afferent signals from mucous membranes, glands, and vessels (visceral sensory nerves) or transmitting efferent signals to smooth musclesand glands (visceral motor nerves).
What is visceral pain? Visceral pain is pain that results from the activation of nociceptors of thethoracic, pelvic, or abdominal viscera (organs). Visceral structures are highly sensitive to distension (stretch), ischemia and inflammation, but relatively insensitive to other stimuli that normally evoke pain such as cutting or burning.
- 57Are canned black eyed peas good for you?
- 50Is it bad to leave DVDs in the player?
- 48What are afferent and efferent lymphatic vessels?
- 45Why do LED Christmas lights burn out?
- 43What type of federalism is used today?
- 42What channel is Love Island on?
- 42How does hemolysis affect potassium?
- 38What is the life cycle of ferns and mosses?
- 31How do you store duffle bags?
- 25Are dog beds good for dogs?
- 23How old is Nina in a gentleman in Moscow?
- 22How do you get carpet beetles?
- 21How is Reverend Parris characterized?
- 20How can I reactivate my PhilHealth online?
- 17How to cancel instacart?
- 59What does the oxidase test determine?
- 59How do you grow foxtail lilies?
- 53Why do meteorologists make synoptic charts?
- 49What is the ICD 10 code for type 1 diabetes?
- 48How to remove chicken giblets?
- 43What does Pyloromyotomy mean?
- 38How to cancel equinox membership?
- 38How many coats of tung oil should be used?
- 37How do I choose a multimeter?
- 33What is an L track massage chair?
- 28What to do after soldering?
- 25What is break even point in business?
- 25Is Algaefix safe for birds?
- 22Are morals based on emotion?
- 20Does a seller have to take a full price offer?