Asked by Cecelia Wagner on September 18, 2021
Categories: Medical health Digestive disorders
Rating: 4.2/5 (47 votes)
Ascites is thebuild-up of fluid in the abdomen. This fluid buildup causes swelling that usually develops over a few weeks, although it can also happen in just a few days. Liver disease is the most common cause of ascites. Other causes typically include cancer and heart failure.
Can ascites ever go away? Ascites may go away with a low salt diet, and with diuretics (water pills) ordered by your provider. But sometimes a provider must drain thefluid from the belly using a special needle. If you have ascites and you suddenly get a fever or new belly pain, go to the emergency room immediately.
What is ICD 10 for cholelithiasis? ICD-10-CM Code K80. Cholelithiasis.
What is the peritoneal cavity? The peritoneal cavity is a true space between the parietal peritoneum (theperitoneum that surrounds the abdominal wall) and visceral peritoneum (theperitoneum that surrounds the internal organs).
How do you know if you have abdominal ascites? Ascites is usually accompanied by a feeling of fullness, a ballooning belly, and-rapid weight gain. Other symptoms often include: Shortness of breath. Nausea.
- 57Is hydraulic fluid same as brake fluid?
- 56What is the cause of gastroschisis?
- 55What are the causes of Hyperreflexia?
- 54What causes thyroiditis?
- 50What causes no spark?
- 50What causes reversibility?
- 40Should I depreciate my rental property?
- 38What causes hot brake fluid?
- 37What causes divergence?
- 30What causes fluid in the eye?
- 29What causes Lactogenesis?
- 24Can blood transfusion cause fluid in lungs?
- 23What causes Eructation?
- 22Can low sodium levels cause fluid retention?
- 16Is transfer case fluid the same as transmission fluid?
- 54How long does it take to become a real estate agent in North Carolina?
- 49What is a good side with pasta?
- 45How can you distinguish between alkenes and alkyne?
- 44What are the 5 principles of natural selection?
- 41How to take off acrylic nails with hot water?
- 40How much sun does a ginger plant need?
- 40What type of gas does Saturn Aura take?
- 38What are the quality dimensions of a service?
- 37How to delete wattpad account?
- 34Who is editor of the Evening Standard?
- 33Why does some orange juice need to be refrigerated?
- 24Can you camp on El Capitan?
- 21What is osmosis in a boat?
- 18Can you dry amaranth?
- 15How do I reindex a SQL Server database?