Asked by Benita Mason on September 16, 2021
Categories: Medical health Substance abuse
Rating: 4.4/5 (50 votes)
A depressant, or central depressant, is a drug that lowers neurotransmission levels, which is to depress or reduce arousal or-stimulation, in various areas of the brain. Depressants are also occasionally referred to as "downers" as they lower the level of arousal when taken.
Are depressants more dangerous than stimulants? Stimulants, or uppers, stimulate your brain and other parts of the body. They essentially have the opposite effect as depressants. Both types of drugs are powerfully addictive, and users can build up a tolerance to them quickly. People often wonder which type of drug is moredangerous.
How do you deal with extreme emotional pain? Honor Your PainEmotional wounds are beyond “sadness”; they're felt in the depths of your being. Honor your pain; don't run from it. Unplug, put time aside to reflect, and give yourself permission to grieve. If well-meaning people push you to “Get over it,” ignore them.
How many times will most drivers be involved in a serious crash? Thus we can say that at least three times during their lifetime, most drivers will be involved in aserious crash.
- 60What is the central nervous system made up of?
- 57What activates the sympathetic nervous system?
- 54What is active transport system?
- 52What are the parts of the nervous system?
- 49What does rabies do to the nervous system?
- 46What is the main function of the nervous system?
- 37What are the 5 functions of the muscular system?
- 36What are the best vitamins for the nervous system?
- 36How is renin angiotensin system activated?
- 36What is meant by learning organization?
- 29What type of nervous system does a starfish have?
- 26Do frogs have a nervous system?
- 26What is the peripheral nervous system is made up of?
- 20Which cholesterol lowering drug is the safest?
- 19What is the integration center of the nervous system?
- 60Who developed strategic family therapy?
- 60What does had a turn mean?
- 59How does an under counter ice maker work?
- 52What is calendula good for?
- 52What does atypical child mean?
- 47What does the name Odysseus mean?
- 46Does an electric fireplace add value to a home?
- 46What is PNF stretching?
- 44What size air compressor do I need to run a paint gun?
- 41What is conditional positive self regard?
- 28Where can I see Christmas lights for free?
- 27What are synonyms for values?
- 23How do fish get around dams?
- 21Is Vermont Slate hard or soft?
- 16What is heritage?