Asked by Martha Ramirez on September 10, 2021
Categories: Hobbies and interests Comic books
Rating: 4.9/5 (38 votes)
Bayeux Tapestry. Bayeux Tapestry, medieval embroidery depicting the Norman Conquest of England in 1066, remarkable as a work of art and important as a source for 11th-centuryhistory.
How reliable is the Bayeux Tapestry as a form of evidence? Because the tapestry was made within a generation of the Norman defeat of the Anglo-Saxons, it is considered to be a somewhat accurate representation of events. Based on a few key pieces of evidence, art historians believe the patron was Odo, Bishop of Bayeux. Odo was the-half-brother of William, Duke of Normandy.
Who Killed Harold? A Norman account of the battle, Carmen de Hastingae Proelio ("Song of the Battle of Hastings"), said tohave been written shortly after the battle by Guy, Bishop of Amiens, says that Harold was killed by four knights, probably including Duke William, and his body dismembered.
Who created the Bayeux Tapestry and why? Bishop Odo of Bayeux
- 57What is the purpose of the NEPA?
- 55When was the Bayeux Tapestry found?
- 53When was the Bayeux Tapestry?
- 51What is the purpose of a remeasurement What is the purpose of a translation contrast the two?
- 51What is the purpose of the experiment?
- 48How do I get a disabled National Park Pass?
- 43How big is the Bayeux Tapestry?
- 39What is the purpose of hydrogenation?
- 38What is OPEC and what is its purpose?
- 36What was the purpose of cominform?
- 34What is the purpose of a moth?
- 29What is the purpose of compliance?
- 27What is the purpose of feedlots?
- 22What is the purpose of the boiler?
- 17What is the purpose of a grid?
- 58What is the age gap between Kylie and Tyga?
- 57How long does lavender take to sprout?
- 53How does the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation affect us today?
- 49What can I make with wooden crates?
- 48When should I use conduit electrical wiring?
- 45What is bar height?
- 39Which is better laminate or hardwood?
- 34How long does DNA last at?
- 33Who prayed for wisdom in the Bible?
- 31What is engagement in perma?
- 31How do doctors remove plaster cast?
- 29What is the 10 commandments in the Bible?
- 27How much does a condensate pump cost?
- 24Can O positive and AB positive have babies?
- 17Are black beans a good source of protein?