Asked by Heidi Howard on September 07, 2021
Categories: Medical health Vaccines
Rating: 4.2/5 (58 votes)
Thimerosal. Thimerosal is a mercuric derivative of thiosalicylic acid used as a preservative in vaccines, cosmetics, tattoo inks, eye drops andcontact lens solutions as well as a disinfectant (e.g.merthiolate). It may cross-react with mercury, which is used as a preservative material in shoe manufacturing.
How long does thimerosal stay in your system? In the thimerosal group, the half-life of total mercury in blood was 6.9 days, compared to 19.1 days for the methylmercurygroup.
What foods contain mercury? A highly toxic form (methylmercury) builds up in fish, shellfish and animals that eat fish. Fish and shellfish are the main sources of methylmercury exposure to humans. Fish that typically have higher levels of mercury include king mackerel, marlin, orange roughy, shark, swordfish, tilefish, and ahi and bigeyetuna.
What kind of mercury is in vaccines? Thiomersal (or Thimerosal) is a mercury compound used as_a preservative used in some vaccines. Anti-vaccination activists promoting the incorrect claim that vaccination causes autism have asserted that the mercury in thiomersal is the cause.
- 60Where was Jamestown founded?
- 59Where is mercury found?
- 58What is proof of financial responsibility for DMV?
- 57When was UCHealth founded?
- 53What is cesium found in?
- 52What is thulium found in?
- 48What is the pellicle and where is it found?
- 48Who founded Illinois?
- 43Who found Basil?
- 39When was McMenamins founded?
- 36What are some atoms that are found in these amino acids but are not found in carbohydrates?
- 33Where are yaws found?
- 31What is boron found in?
- 24Where is lawrencium found?
- 16Where are actinomycetes found?
- 59What is a common multiple of 3 and 4?
- 57Are Fibre cement slates any good?
- 55How did Blake Snell get hurt?
- 55Which way do you look first at an intersection?
- 53What is performance structure?
- 52How to make fermented spider eye?
- 48What is dry ice made of?
- 46¿Qué conductos desembocan en la ampolla de váter?
- 38What Roman numeral is v111?
- 28Why animals should not be kept in circuses?
- 27Is Pepcid Complete safe for dogs?
- 25What is arousal in psychology?
- 24Why does crooks have a crooked back?
- 24What are some examples of informal feedback?
- 21How much oil do I need for a 40 to 1 ratio?