Asked by Melisa Pacheco on November 01, 2021
Categories: Science Chemistry
Rating: 4.4/5 (62 votes)
Is ytterbium a metal? Ytterbium is a bright, soft, silvery-white metal that is both ductile and malleable. It is a one of the rare earth metals. The metal tarnishes quickly in air and reacts slowly with water.
How many valence electrons does TM have? Thulium atoms have 69 electrons and theshell structure is 2.8.
What is ytterbium used for?-Ytterbium has few uses. It can be alloyed with stainless steel to improve some of its mechanical properties and used as a doping agent in fiber optic cable where it can be used as an amplifier. One of ytterbium's isotopes is being considered as a radiation source for portable X-ray machines.
How many elements are there? 118 elements
- 60Where was Jamestown founded?
- 59Where is mercury found?
- 58Where is halite found?
- 57When was UCHealth founded?
- 43Who found Basil?
- 41Where are Anthodites found?
- 39When was McMenamins founded?
- 37What is thimerosal found in?
- 36What are some atoms that are found in these amino acids but are not found in carbohydrates?
- 34How to cancel xsport membership?
- 33Where are yaws found?
- 31What is boron found in?
- 20What is lycopene found in?
- 19When was Interactionism founded?
- 16Where are actinomycetes found?
- 59What is an example of a petrochemical?
- 54What does Aphmau record with?
- 53How does Descartes define knowledge?
- 51What is a Torrented file?
- 50Is stainless the same as stainless steel?
- 49What does horse tack mean?
- 49How do you take cuttings from pyracantha?
- 48What is a GSE bond transaction?
- 46How much protein should a 70 year old woman?
- 43Which flowers smell the best?
- 43How long does it take to grow a lemon tree from seed?
- 41What is Esxtop used for?
- 37What was Donna's idea at the end of halt and catch fire?
- 30What are the post reading activities?
- 19What is manual D in HVAC?