Asked by Jeffrey Roberts on October 31, 2021
Categories: Medical health Bone and joint conditions
Rating: 4.2/5 (41 votes)
Collagen gives bone its flexibility whereas the addition of mineral to the collagen network provides bone its stiffness. Without the addition of mineral-to-collagen bone tissue would be very flexible, with properties similar to a rubber band.
What qualities do the following give to bone calcium? Calcium and bones.The mineral calcium helps your muscles, nerves, and cells work normally. Your body also needs calcium (as well as phosphorus) to make healthy bones. Bones are the main storage site of calcium in the body.
What is a periosteum? The periosteum is amembrane that covers the outer surface of all bones, except at the joints of long bones. Endosteum lines the inner surface of the medullary cavity of all long bones.
What provides bones with flexibility and tensile strength quizlet? The hardness of bone is due to crystallized inorganic mineral salts such as calcium phosphate. The flexibility and tensile strength of bone are due to organic molecules such as collagen fibers.
How do you make your bones flexible? Healthy bones Keep-You Strong and Flexible
- Participate in 30 minutes of physical activity like weight-bearing exercise each day.
- Include calcium-rich foods in your daily diet.
- Boost your intake of bone supporting nutrients.
- 56How often must a broker account for trust money in a property management account?
- 53What is a multimodal material?
- 52What is the difference between cortical bone and trabecular bone?
- 46What does place theory account for and what does it not account for?
- 43What is oilskin material?
- 40What are the most effective accounting systems to help accountants?
- 38What kind of account is a checking account?
- 38What is the most hydrophobic material?
- 37What are research materials?
- 33How do you make your bones flexible?
- 31What are the best bones for bone broth?
- 21What is the difference between an accounting standard and a conceptual framework of accounting?
- 21What are the first 10 Bill of Rights?
- 20Is it worth having a flexible spending account?
- 20What is wicker material?
- 58How much do you have to earn to be in the top 1 percent world?
- 57What was the result of the Homestead Act of 1862?
- 49How much grout do I need for tile?
- 48How to delete xbox one account?
- 45What does the mediastinum contain?
- 43What are C 130 planes used for?
- 41How do you develop a data analytics strategy?
- 40How to make a soul sand elevator?
- 39How to write pretty?
- 38How to get rid of 5 o clock shadow?
- 36How do you make a polypro hoop?
- 30How long does a radiator fan last?
- 29What is homophonic and polyphonic?
- 28How to make hardened clay in minecraft?
- 18Why do you think Deborah tells Skloot that she just witnessed a miracle?