Asked by Emily Atwell on September 09, 2021
Categories: Religion and spirituality Hinduism
Rating: 4.9/5 (31 votes)
The name Mohenjo-daro is reputed to signify “the mound of the dead.” The archaeological importance of the site was first recognized in 1922, one year after the discovery of Harappa. Subsequent excavations revealed that the mounds contain the remains of what was once the largest city of the Indus civilization.
Who found Indus Valley civilization? Fleet, prompting an excavation campaign under Sir John Hubert Marshall in 1921-22 and resulting in the discovery of the civilization at Harappa by Sir John Marshall, Rai Bahadur Daya Ram Sahni and Madho Sarup Vats, and at Mohenjo-daro by Rakhal Das Banerjee, E. JoHuMacKay, and Sir JohnMarshall.
What is an Indus seal? The Pashupati Seal is a steatite seal that was discovered at the Mohenjo-daro archaeological site of the Indus Valley Civilization. The seal depicts a seated figure that is possibly tricephalic (having three heads). It is purported to be one of the earliest depictions of the Hindu god Shiva, or a "proto-Shiva"deity.
How old is Indus Valley civilization? 8,000 years old
WHAT is Mohenjo Daro ruler? A ruler is an instrument that can be used for measuring distances or to draw straight lines in printing, geometry, technical drawing and many other things. Mohenjo-Daro ruler has accuracy within 0.13 millimeters. The first folding ruler was invented by Anton Ullrich, and the first flexible ruler was made in1902.
- 58What is strontium found in?
- 55Where is carotene found?
- 54Who founded Pomona?
- 49When was Redcar founded?
- 37How efficient is a quartz heater?
- 36What are some atoms that are found in these amino acids but are not found in carbohydrates?
- 33Where are carotenoids found?
- 28Who founded Celgene?
- 28Where are Halophiles found?
- 23When was SVP founded?
- 21Where are aspens found?
- 18When was McDonald's founded?
- 17Where are ostriches found?
- 15What is Carvone found in?
- 15When was MFS founded?
- 59Does Mhmr help with housing?
- 59What is an example of a petrochemical?
- 54How to clear spotify history?
- 54What bones are connected by the Lambdoid suture quizlet?
- 49How long does it take to become a medical interpreter?
- 49Which gas is used in Panasonic AC?
- 47What do you give for a confirmation gift?
- 46What is a 400 series kennel?
- 44Is cadmium nitrate soluble in water?
- 44Is glycerin safe in bubbles?
- 43How to cancel orangetheory?
- 37How does oil painting work?
- 21Can cats be treated for Bartonella?
- 20What kind of fabric was used in the 1940s?
- 16What is the function of proteases?