Asked by Beverly Payne on September 11, 2021
Categories: Books and literature Biographies
Rating: 4.9/5 (57 votes)
SYNONYMS FOR mistake1 inaccuracy, erratum, fault, oversight. Mistake, blunder, error, slip refer to deviations from right, accuracy, correctness, or truth. A slip is usually a minor mistake made through haste or carelessness: a slip of the tongue.4 misconceive, misjudge,err.
Why is it important to make mistakes? Mistakes help us gain knowledge.We can gain so much knowledge from our mistakes, and all it takes is the willingness to learn from them. We get to know what works and what doesn't from each error we come across. Without mistakes, we lose countless opportunities to gain valuable knowledge and-learn lessons.
What is the opposite of mistakes? "Fallible" means capableof making mistakes — or, easier to remember — capableof failing. Infallible means exactly the opposite — incapableof failing. This word is often used to describe human capacity for error — no one is infallible.
What part of speech is mistake? mistake
|part of speech:||noun|
|related words:||accident, blooper, defect, fallacy, folly, miss, trick|
|Word CombinationsSubscriber feature About this feature|
|part of speech:||transitive verb|
|inflections:||mistakes, mistaking, mistook, mistaken|
- 59Can you microwave cling wrap?
- 58Is sunset one word or two words?
- 58Why did the word troposphere come from the Greek word Tropo?
- 57What's another word for tentative explanation?
- 50What's a word for given up?
- 42Is the word notwithstanding one word?
- 38Is mechanistically a word?
- 31What is a fancy word for bathroom?
- 27Is Zeus a word?
- 25What is highfalutin word?
- 24How many words can you make out of the word jungle?
- 22What's another word for man cave?
- 21What's another word for black death?
- 20What's a better word than special?
- 19What's a word for perfectly imperfect?
- 57What do you mean by phase diagram?
- 56When should you wear TED stockings?
- 54Are 10x42 binoculars good for bird watching?
- 48How do you seal wood stairs?
- 40What is the study of personality?
- 38Can NaCl be a buffer?
- 38What are possible sources of error for the determination of R experiment?
- 35Is eating packing peanuts bad for you?
- 35Does Jet Blue fly to Salt Lake City?
- 35Can electric burners catch fire?
- 30How do you take care of a juniper?
- 30Is AUA a good medical school?
- 29Where do almonds grow in South Africa?
- 21How do you hang a hammock on a deck?
- 15Can Dipladenia be grown indoors?