Asked by Jeanette Ginter on September 17, 2021
Categories: Science Chemistry
Rating: 4.2/5 (45 votes)
Hard acids consist of small highly charged cations and molecules in which a high positive charge can be induced on the central atom. Examples of Hard Acids: H+, Li+, K+, Ca2+, Al3+, Sn4+, BF3, BCl3, CO2, RCO+, SO3, RMgX, VO2+, AlCl3. Hard bases are highly electronegative and of lowpolarizability.
What are soft metals? Soft metals comprise of Gallium, Tin, Indium, Lead, Calcium, These metals have very soft structure and have very low value of Mohshardness.
Is fluorine hard or soft? The alpha form is soft and transparent, while the beta form is hard and opaque. Fluorine has a characteristic pungent odor that can be smelled at a_concentration as low as 20 parts per billion.
Is Sulphur hard or soft? Appearance and Hardness_of materials
|Coal||Dull||Not very hard|
|Sulphur||Dull||Not very hard|
What are hard acids and bases give examples? Metal–ligand interaction is anexample of a Lewis acid–base interaction.
Hard and Soft Acids and Bases.
|hard||H+||NH3, RNH2, N2H4|
|Li+, Na+, K+||H2O, ROH, R2O|
|Be2+, Mg2+, Ca2+, VO2+||OH−, F−, Cl−, CH3CO2−|
|Al3+, Sc3+, Cr3+||CO32−|
- 59Is autumn fern poisonous to cats?
- 58How do you name an acid?
- 53Is citric acid and ascorbic acid same?
- 52What is the hardness of breccia?
- 51How hard is Ironwood?
- 50What is the hardness of brass?
- 49What is a Triprotic acid?
- 49What is the difference between an acid and a base?
- 44How hard is it to pole vault?
- 40Why is stoichiometry so hard?
- 37Which juice is not acidic?
- 27Which is the strongest acid?
- 24Why are my pears so hard?
- 22Are fruits acidic?
- 19What are the acidic foods?
- 58How to start a lanyard?
- 56What are NBA rings made of?
- 55How hard is the Series 6 exam?
- 37What are the three processes that transfer thermal energy?
- 36What is an Exis?
- 34How do you get a construction license?
- 31What does the medicine bag represent?
- 30How do I return a used car?
- 29What do you mean by picket?
- 27What is the rule of thirds in driving?
- 19What was Rome like in the first century?
- 17Who are the scientist study about atoms?
- 17How much do hanging chairs cost?
- 17What are the tributaries of the inferior mesenteric vein?
- 15Are transmission flushes really necessary?