Asked by Thomas Daniels on September 19, 2021
Categories: Science Chemistry
Rating: 4.9/5 (54 votes)
Hydrocarbons. Hydrocarbons are organic molecules consisting entirely of carbon and hydrogen. They make good fuels because their covalent bonds store a large amount of energy, which is released when themolecules are burned (i.e., when they react with oxygen to form carbon dioxide and water).
What is H C ratio? Dear Li. High H to C ratio means higher hydrogen molecules in the fuel. As you know, hydrogen has the highest burning velocity between all fuels weather gases orliquids.
How does oxygen affect heat content? When a fuelis burned, oxygen in the combustion air chemically combines with the hydrogen and carbon in the fuel to form water and carbon dioxide, releasing heat in the process. An increase in oxygen in the combustion air can reduce the energy loss in the exhaust gases and increase heating system efficiency.
Why are hydrocarbons bad? All of these substances contribute to the greenhouse effect, and the depletion of the ozone layer. They also reduce the photosynthetic ability of plants, increase cancer rates in humans and animals, and increase the risk of respiratory illness. The most well-known and document dangerous of hydrocarbons is oil spills.
How are hydrocarbons obtained? Hydrocarbons are chemical compounds that contain the elements carbon and hydrogen only. They are compounds that are obtained from the fossil fuel crude oil by a process called fractionaldistillation.
- 60What do plants release?
- 60What does energy do during a phase change?
- 60What can I do with lots of cucumbers?
- 58What type of energy is potential energy?
- 49What is electrical energy?
- 47What hormone is released during breastfeeding?
- 38What is energy in a circuit?
- 37How are hydrocarbons formed?
- 35Is gravitational energy kinetic or potential energy?
- 35What do osteoclasts release?
- 35Why are lot numbers important?
- 25How energy is wasted?
- 15How cells store energy and release energy using ATP?
- 15Which electron transition in an excited atom results in a release of energy?
- 15What causes fluid in abdomen?
- 60How to reset cricut explore air 2?
- 58How long does Joint Commission stay at a hospital?
- 57How to remove pattern day trader status?
- 54How much postage do I need for 2.7 ounces?
- 52Which airlines can I transfer my chase points to?
- 49Do baths use more water?
- 41How to cancel blink membership?
- 40Is social media replacing face to face communication?
- 40What kind of paint do you use on aluminum siding?
- 36Does parsley die after flowering?
- 34What is a tabby slimes favorite food?
- 34What is low care in aged care?
- 31Will I have hot water without gas?
- 28Who started jazz fusion?
- 19What is considered low income in Iowa?