Asked by Robert May on September 10, 2021
Categories: Healthy living Weight loss
Rating: 4.5/5 (41 votes)
Grapefruit juice inhibits a chemical in the intestine needed to break down-many drugs in the body. The absence of this chemical can lead to higher blood levels. In effect, the drug becomes more potent.
What meds should you avoid grapefruit? Grapefruit might interact with some "statins" including lovastatin (Mevacor), simvastatin (Zocor), and atorvastatin (Lipitor). Grapefruit juice does not interact with other "statins" including pravastatin (Pravachol), fluvastatin (Lescol), androsuvastatin (Crestor).
Is Grapefruit acidic or alkaline? Some foods that are acidic to taste, such as lemon, lime and grapefruit, are rendered alkaline once digested, placing far less burden on the digestive system as a whole. Our blood is slightly alkaline, measuring 7.35 to 7.45 on the pH scale, and the acid/alkaline spectrum of foods runs between 1.0 and_9.0.
Why grapefruit is bad for diabetics? Although grapefruit contains sugar, there is some evidence to suggest that consuming this fruit may be good for people with diabetes. In a 2015 study, rats with drug-induced diabetes that drank grapefruit juice for_60 days experienced a decrease in fasting blood sugar levels compared to those that just drank water.
Does grapefruit make you poop? Citrus FruitsMeanwhile, one grapefruit (about 236 grams) contains 2.6 grams of fiber, meeting 10% of your daily needs (28, 29). Citrus fruits are also rich in the soluble fiber pectin, especially in the peel. Pectin canaccelerate colonic transit time and reduce constipation ( 11 , 30 ).
- 59How bad is fireball for you?
- 55Why is stevia so bad for you?
- 52Why Vitamin A is bad for you?
- 51Was enclosure good or bad?
- 51How to tell if an onion is bad?
- 44How to tell if broccoli is bad?
- 44Is Masonite siding bad?
- 44Why Omega 6 is bad for you?
- 38Why is tahini bad for you?
- 37How bad is methylparaben?
- 37What are strategies in reading?
- 26How do you know when grapefruit is ripe?
- 23What is a bad leader?
- 23How bad is scabies?
- 23Why green tea is bad for you?
- 55What is the cheapest way to insulate a pole barn?
- 55Are cherries high in melatonin?
- 54How to cancel green chef?
- 49Which exerts more pressure air or water?
- 49How to make a chandelier in minecraft?
- 46What is the most posterior part of the pharynx?
- 43What is the story of the Firebird ballet?
- 41How long does it take to get skunk smell out of house?
- 30What plants are best for full sun?
- 28What is a wicking system?
- 26What is the gross receipts tax in Santa Fe NM?
- 23Can blue denim be dyed black?
- 23Which thermometer is used in laboratory?
- 22What annuals are good for full sun?
- 17How many calories in a cutie?