Asked by Joann Koopmans on November 20, 2021
Categories: Science Biological sciences
Rating: 4.9/5 (57 votes)
It accomplishes thetransport of three Na+ to the outside of the cell and thetransport of two K+ ions to the inside. This unbalanced charge transfer contributes to the separation of charge across the membrane. The sodium-potassium pump is an important contributer to action potential produced by nerve cells.
Where are transport proteins located? Transport proteins are proteins that transport substances across biological membranes. Transport proteins are found within the membrane itself, where they form a channel, or a carrying mechanism, to allow their substrate to pass from one side to theother.
What affects the rate of active transport? Rate of active transport increases with increase in glucose concentration due to increase in the rate of energy production. Temperature affects the enzyme controlled respiration process. An increase in temperature increases the rate of respiration since the enzymes become moreactivated.
What type of protein is the sodium potassium pump? Thecarrier protein then gets energy from ATP and changes shape. In doing so, it pumps the three sodium ions out of the cell. At that point, two potassium ions from outside the cell bind to the protein pump.
Is CoTransport active or passive? manohman. So Facilitated Diffusion whereby a molecule uses a protein to get across the membrane is considered passive transport. However, when symport is involved (where two molecules travel together), and one molecule piggybacks on the other molecule's concentration gradient is considered CoTransport.
- 60What is the function of the Na +/ K+ pump?
- 60What is a #2 pot?
- 59Why is a 3 way handshake not a 2 way?
- 59What is the formula for Na and I?
- 57Is Calculus 2 or 3 harder?
- 57Can you put a rain jacket in the dryer?
- 51Is it better to have 2 or 3 cushion sofa?
- 42What does vitamin K do?
- 39What is the Gfta 3?
- 39What are the multiples of 3?
- 33What describes Clause 3 of Article 4 Section 2 in the Constitution?
- 31How many times is Na said in Na Na Na?
- 29Is 2 Pentanol an alcohol?
- 18Is a router layer 2 or 3?
- 18What is the molecular formula of 2 2 4 Trimethylpentane?
- 60How do you say hello in Maori?
- 59How much do Italian greyhounds cost?
- 49What is the best peach variety?
- 40Where did the profiterole originate from?
- 38Will vinegar kill my plants?
- 37Can you put a sleeping bag in the washing machine?
- 37How long will it take on the Elizabeth line?
- 34How did Billy Boy Watkins die?
- 26How long does a Twisp coil last?
- 24What states require a CSR?
- 22What does ip24 mean?
- 22Can dogs run through an invisible fence?
- 19What is a negative confirmation request?
- 17Does MTD make John Deere riding mowers?
- 15What is the difference between Masonite and hardboard?