Asked by William Cornejo on September 19, 2021
Categories: Science Genetics
Rating: 4.9/5 (45 votes)
DNA is called the blueprint of life because it contains the instructions needed foran organism to grow, develop, survive and reproduce. DNA does this by controlling protein synthesis. Proteins do most of the work in cells, and are the basic unit of structure and function in the cells of organisms.
How many molecules are in the human body? In summary, for a typical human of 70 kg, there are almost 7*1027 atoms (that's a 7 followed by 27 zeros! ) Another way of saying this is "seven billion billion billion." Of this, almost 2/3 is hydrogen, 1/4 is oxygen, and about 1/10 iscarbon. These three atoms add up to 99% of the total! I
What are the six elements of life? Although more than 25 types of elements can be found in biomolecules, six elements are most common. These are called the CHNOPS elements; the letters stand for the chemical abbreviations of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, and_sulfur.
What are the 4 biomolecules and their purpose in life? The four main categories of biomolecules are carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids. While there are some special cases to be found, these four molecules make up the bulk of living bodies, andeach plays an essential role in regulating the body's chemistry.
- 59Who did it's my life?
- 58What is coded in DNA?
- 58How do you enjoy your life?
- 55What is Blueprint in assessment?
- 46What is the geometry of a molecule?
- 44How is the DNA?
- 43What is a reference angle?
- 39What is the backbone in DNA?
- 35What is life support?
- 31What is life of the party about?
- 29Why is it important to have a blueprint?
- 23¿Quién irriga a los intestinos?
- 21How does the Speaker of A Psalm of Life describe life?
- 18What does the DNA molecule look like?
- 15What is the role of DNA dependent DNA polymerase in replication?
- 56Is Tony Romo on PGA Tour?
- 54Are indoor plants bad for asthma?
- 51Do quavers contain MSG?
- 48How do you plant a fern in a hanging basket?
- 43What is formative assessment?
- 40Why was Giorgio Vasari important?
- 38Where are chylomicrons synthesized?
- 33What is an L track massage chair?
- 31What comes first father daughter dance or bride and groom?
- 29Is public relations free advertising?
- 26Are bath brushes good?
- 23How often should water coolers be cleaned?
- 21Are Pax and Juul pods compatible?
- 21Are plastic retainers good?
- 16What does nation state mean in history?